Last Update: Sept 2018
What Is Fact Blog?
Effective August 2017, CSHABUSE.COM has begun this page which we are calling Fact Blog. It is alleged that the dysfunction, anguish, and death at Coalinga State Hospital, a nearly $400 million dollar facility built in 2005, is unprecedented and practically indescribable. As stated on our home page, many patients have decided to die at CSH rather seek release, are being abused, neglected, or are refusing medical treatment because they fear they will experience torturous conditions during the transportation process (amounting to passive suicide, in our opinion).
CSHABUSE.COM has determined that we have a responsibility to begin identifying by name individuals or entities who have played a role in what is going on at Coalinga State Hospital, has gone on at Coalinga State Hospital, or who hold a position of responsibility that they are not qualified for, or who have neglected their Legal and moral responsibility, or flagrantly abused patients. This is not a page for whining. Individuals or persons listed here have been listed because other methods to deal with them have failed, or their acts are so egregious, they warrant being documented. We are also posting random bits of significant or noteworthy information, however news events are not necessarily in real time or in chronological order.
DISCLAIMER: Most individuals who will be mentioned on this page are public employees and CSHABUSE.COM is entitled to report it's opinion of their performance. This website does not intend to maliciously defame any individual or entity. We will not knowingly post any false or incorrect information and we will correct any information that is determined to be false or inaccurate. We apologize for any errors and will promptly review any such concerns that are brought to our attention. However, we stand by the information we post to Fact Blog, and that it is accurate at the time we post it.
DEPARTMENT OF STATE HOSPITALS
BLOCKS ALL EMAIL FROM
24) Oct 2017 - CSHABUSE.COM has learned that the Department of State Hospitals is now apparently blocking all of our email. We have reached out to Alice Lee, and Helen Geoffroy, DSH legal counsel for an explanation and they have failed to respond in any manner at this point. CSHABUSE.COM is particularly concerned because we are evolving into an organization which represents a variety of patient voices who have thoughts of wanting to die, that they may die at CSH, or that they are suffering tremendous mental anguish or abuse. We use our email to alert the Department of State Hospitals, and its staff to these situations and blocking our email could create a life and death situation. We also like to copy DSH officials on our various emails so that they are kept abreast of our advocacy efforts. The more alarming aspect of this is that CSHABUSE.COM is not being notified that the emails are being rejected (eg: we are NOT receiving non-delivery notices, creating the impression that the emails were delivered). Yet several staff have confirmed that they have NOT received emails that we were led to believe were delivered. We want to reiterate that this could be a life and death matter if we send a notice to DSH via email on behalf of a DESPERATE PATIENT which we are led to believe was delivered, when in fact it was not. CSHABUSE.COM requests that the DSH legal department confer with us immediately on this matter.
CSH HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER
CONTINUES TO DENY PATIENTS CONSISTENT
BATHROOM ACCESS IN MALL AREA
23) Oct 2017 - Eric McDaniels, Health & Safety Officer, at Coalinga State Hospital, and Brandon Price, Executive Director, continue to refuse to provide uninterrupted access to a bathroom for 1,300 patients in the central Mall area of the hospital. (We discussed this previously in our Fact Blog entry #10 when we called for the removal of Eric McDaniels). Once again, the only bathroom in the Mall (during specific hours) had its door jammed from 9/30/17 through 10/6/17. Incontinent patients were having to urinate in the dirt on the outside courtyard, or traverse hundreds of feet back to their units. Several calls to Mr. McDaniels office and one voicemail left for him personally were ignored the entire week. Locksmiths were observed repeatedly passing by this jammed bathroom stating that they did not have a "work order" to repair it. Mr. McDaniels and Mr. Price have shown a callous disregard for the fact that this particular bathroom is reportedly being jammed by staff who are annoyed by the fact that they have to unlock it every time a patient needs to use it. Mr. Price and Mr. McDaniels have refused to order that the door be changed, of that it be immediately opened by a locksmith on an "emergency" basis when it is jammed.
12 PATIENTS SIGN AND SUBMIT
AN ABUSE COMPLAINT
AGAINST A SHIFT SUPERVISOR
22) Sept 2017 - Twelve Coalinga State Hospital patients recently signed a petition (see Documentary Evidence page) on September 12, 2017 against Lisa Sansinena, Psychiatric Technician, Shift Supervisor. They allege multiple incidents of abuse, such as her yelling at them, confiscating and destroying their property, ransacking their living areas as well as sexually inappropriate behavior. All of these patients have expressed fear for their safety and requested her immediate removal as their supervisor. A formal investigation is currently underway and all of the patients are being interviewed. Lias Sansinena, however, has been allowed to remain in her position as the investigation is ongoing.
Jennie Porter, Clinical Administrator, has refused to take action against Lisa Sansinena who has already retaliated against one of the patients who signed the petition and who arranged to have information about the petition published on Fact Blog.
CSH SUMMARILY TERMINATES
CONTRACT ALLERGY DOCTOR
DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS
21) Sep 2017 - Termination of CSH Allergist, Dr. Sudeep Singh, M.D. On 9/15/17, approximately fifty patients at CSH learned that their allergist, Sudeep Singh, M.D., who had been visiting them twice weekly since April 2017, had been summarily terminated effective immediately by order of Brandon Price, Executive Director. Dr. Singh has been unavailable for comment since his termination, however two confidential sources in the medical department reported to CSHABUSE.COM that they believed it was a budgeting issue. Dr. Singh was beloved by all of his CSH patients and there are numerous testimonials from those who describe nearly being cured of terrible allergy symptoms that they had suffered with for years (we have posted a sampling of three testimonials on our Audio Recordings page, "Patient Recordings - Medical"). To accomplish this, Dr. Singh first performed diagnostic testing on each of these patients who had been referred to him by CSH Primary Care doctors; meaning CSH Primary Care doctors had determined that these patients were suffering severe allergic symptoms which required the attention of a SPECIALIST, and those symptoms presumably were not treatable by the Primary Care doctor himself. Consistent with STANDARDS IN THE COMMUNITY, Dr. Singh performed scratch tests on the backs on each patient with various substances to determine what the individual was allergic to. Once this was determined, Dr. Singh initiated twice weekly injections of the offending substance to build immunity in the patients body which would alleviate the patients allergic reactions to those substances in the future. Dr. Singh in many instances also diagnosed the need for patients who required inhalers, additional medications, and in particular dietary changes. The dietary recommendations were apparently resisted across the board throughout the hospital and patients reported that dieticians were demanding a RAST blood test to challenge Dr. Sing's findings. Supposedly the only test for food allergies that the hospital recognizes is the Radioallergosorbent Test (RAST), and in most instances only when this test is positive will the hospital change a patient's diet. However. CSHABUSE.COM has learned that the RAST test is ineffective unless the allergy has progressed to dangerous levels. The human body sees pollen and other allergens as a threat. To protect itself, the immune system produces a substance known as IgE (Immunoglobulin E). IgE is present in certain cells, called mast cells, which are part of the immune systems's defense and are located beneath the skin, in the lining of the nose and in other mucous membranes, as well. When allergens attach to the IgE located on the mast cells, the mast cells release chemicals, including histamines, which cause allergic reactions; however, the RAST test is a blood test, and does not recognize the mast cells until they are so plentiful that they spill into the blood. Thus the RAST test is almost useless in detecting allergies until very late in the game. Our team at CSHABUSE.COM has worked very hard to investigate this matter and we found that Dr. Sudeep Singh's education and credential's are impeccable. He is 56 years old. He graduated as a doctor of medicine in India in 1983. He did his residency from 1988-1991 at Affiliated Hospitals in Trenton, NewJersey and specialized in Internal Medicine. He served a fellowship at Kaiser, Los Angeles from 1992-1994, specializing in Allergies and Immunology. Then in 1994 he began his private practice in the Central Valley and he operates the "Singh Sinus and Breathing Center" in three thriving locations (Fresno, Visalia, and Hanford). What CSHABUSE.COM has been told from two sources in the medical department at CSH is that Dr. Singh did nothing wrong except provide patients with the same quality care that they would receive if they had gone to see him in the community. The problem is that once the Executive Director, Brandon Price, learned what that quality treatment for his patients was going to cost, he ordered Dr. Singh terminated and officially announced the week of 9/18/17 the CSH was hiring a new allergist. CSHABUSE.COM presumes that the new allergist, if one is even found, will have strict limitations imposed by the hospital on what exactly he can and cannot do. Brandon Price should be aware, however, that Dr. Singh's patients are very upset. PATIENTS ARE DEMANDING DR. SINGH'S IMMEDIATE RETURN AND THEY DO NOT WANT SUBSTANDARD CARE FROM A REPLACEMENT ALLERGIST. Patients are contacting their lawyers and they are filing Patient Rights' complaints. CSHABUSE.COM will continue to investigate this matter and we have a couple of things we are working on, including having alerted the media and we are certain that this matter will be investigated at some point. There was no legal basis to summarily terminate Dr. Sudeep Singh. IF there was some issue with his performance, CSHABUSE.COM is not aware of any effort having been made to resolve those performance issues in lieu of a summary termination.
CSH WARNS STAFF NOT TO VISIT
20) Sept 2017 - Coalinga State Hospital has warned all their staff not to visit this website, according to Jeffrey Hasson, Psy.D. On 9/12/17, when speaking to the Director of CSHABUSE.COM he stated: "We were all told not to visit the site because CSHABUSE.COM is accessing and collecting our personal information through our computer, or we will get a virus." Jennifer Berg, Chief of Psychology, was immediately contacted by telephone regarding Dr. Hasson's statement and she hung up on the CSHABUSE.COM Director. CSHABUSE.COM is hosted by GODADDY.COM and is a "secure" site with an SSL certificate through Google. There are also no links on the site for visitors to click on. According to Go Daddy's Technical Support Team, the hospital is simply using scare tactics to prevent staff from viewing information we have posted to the website. We quite frankly doesn't know what to say about this sort of concocted allegation which is obviously intended to suppress the information we are attempting to disseminate. It is utterly outrageous! The fact that the hospital administration would not want its staff to know about patients in its care who have feelings of despair, hopelessness, dying, or wanting to die is beyond comprehension. It is unconscionable! It is utterly despicable! It is nauseating and infuriating because CSHABUSE.COM has no such capability to collect data on anyone visiting its site. None whatsoever! We left a voice mail for the Department of State Hospitals attorney, Alice Lee, as well as Brandon Price, Executive Director, Coalinga State Hospital. CSHABUSE.COM is demanding that a hospital wide email be issued informing staff that there is no credible information that they are at risk if they visit our website. Furthermore, that staff are free to visit our website outside of the facility if they choose to do so in their personal life and that no staff member should be claiming falsely that this site is infecting computers with viruses, or collecting personal information of people who simply visit and browse the site.
CSHABUSE.COM ANNOUNCES NEW
RECORDINGS POSTED TO OUR WEBSITE
AND ASKS FOR ALL PATIENTS TO
COME FORWARD TO PARTICIPATE.
19) Sept 2017 - New Patient Recordings Posted To Website: We want to announce that CSHABUSE.COM just posted five new patient recordings to our website this weekend; James H, Tim W, Billy R, David L, Jessica J,. If CSH has crushed your spirit. If CSH has caused you mental anguish. If the treatment program has worn you out and you have lost hope of ever completing treatment. If you dropped out of treatment because you realized you would never live long enough to complete it, contact CSHABUSE.COM and we will try to have you tell your story in a brief recording on the website. You never have to use your last name, NEVER! Also, be sure to tell your families, lawyers and evaluator about CSHABUSE.COM.CSHABUSE.COM FORMALLY REQUESTS
A STAFF DELEGATION FROM ASSEMBLYMAN
JOAQUIN ARAMBULA & SENATOR ANTHONY CANELLA.18) Sept 2017 - Senator Anthony Canella, and Assemblyman Joaquin Arambula: This is to announce that CSSABUSE.com has formally demanded that Senator Anthory Canella, and Assemblyman Joaquin Arambula convene a fact-finding delegation to visit Coalinga State Hospital immediately (no later than than 90 days). This delegation would consist of mid level legislative staffers selected from at least four different legislative offices. In addition, two mental health experts versed in the diagnosis of acquired conditions such as Stockholm Syndrome, executives from Disability Rights California, as well as a pool reporter and a stenographer. CSHABUSE.COM is further requesting that this delegation prepare a semi formal report of their findings to the Governor and the Legislature within 45 days of their visit to Coalinga State Hospital, and that that report be made public. CSHABUSE.COM has demanded that this fact-finding delegation have unfettered access to all areas of the hospital and that this be a two day event where every patient has an opportunity to be heard.CSHABUSE.COM FILES A COMPLAINT
WITH THE BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY
AGAINST ALL CSH PSYCHOLOGISTS
17) Sep 2017 - California Board of Psychology, Enforcement Division: This is to announce that on September 7, 2017, CSHABUSE.COM filed official complaints against each of the licensed psychologists (individually) who appear on our Fact Blog page. The complaint alleges that these psychologists have failed to declare a mental health emergency at CSH with the Governor and request an assessment from outside consultants/experts because these psychologists have knowledge that their clients have a desire to die, or believe they will die at CSH. Further, that their clients have an abnormal, overwhelming and crippling degree of hopelessness in their lives which requires treatment and there are currently no available resources for that purpose. Furthermore, these doctors cannot conduct the assessment themselves because there would be a conflict of interest. Many of the patients believe these doctors are responsible for their current mental state, their desire to die, or the belief they will die, so if a survey/assessment is to be done, outside doctors would have to be brought in to do it. CSHABUSE.COM will keep you posted.DRC REFUSES TO MEET WITH THE
PATIENTS AND PEER LEADERS
WHO FEEL DRC IS BROKEN AND DOES
NOT MEET THEIR NEEDS16) Sep 2017 - Catherine Blakemore, Executive Director, Disability Rights California. Michelle Mudgett, Director, California Office of Patients' Rights. Leslie Morrison, Director of Investigations, Disability Rights California. On 8/29/17, Catherine Blakemore sent a letter to the Director of CSHABUSE.COM which we will post on our "DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE" page when we have time in the near future. Ms. Blakemore wanted us to know that Michelle Mudgett makes several visits to Coalinga State Hospital each year, walks around the facility, talks to men, and visits some of the units. CSHABUSE.COM never disputed that - we alleged in entries #2, #3, #4 of our Fact Blog page that Ms Blakemore, Ms. Mudgett, and Ms. Morrison have never made a "meaningful" on-site visits (because patients report she speaks with them only for a few moments when she is at the hospital.) Ms Blakemore's 8/29/17 letter inferred that the hundreds of patients who are hopeless and want to die could fill out a grievance form. In fact, she actually had the audacity to include a grievance form with her letter. What Catherine Blakemore, Michelle Mudgett, and Leslie Morrison refuse to face is that a contributing factor in these patient's hopelessness who want to die, or believe they will die, is that they feel powerless and that Disability Rights of California has never protected them adequately from abuse, neglect, and medical suffering. We have hundreds of patients who feel DRC is a joke, that the responses they receive are form letter type responses, that DRC never investigates their complaints, that DRC is inadequately staffed. We have patients who are too depressed, or too ill to advocate for themselves. CSHABUSE.COM has evidence that the Disability Rights California, and the Patients Rights' Advocacy program is broken at Coalinga State Hospital. CSHABUSE.COM accuses Catherine Blakemore, Michelle Mudgett, and Leslie Morrison, of dereliction of duty if they to not plan an extended onsite visit to Coalinga State Hospital. They must go to the facility with a team of experts to meet with peer leadership groups, CSHABUSE.COM, a wide array of patients in different settings, including a town hall setting where everyone is free to come and give them information and details about what is alleged at the hospital and on this website. If the leaders of DRC, this important organization which purports to protect the rights of these men, can't go to Coalinga State Hospital for 2 or 3 days for this purpose, then CSHABUSE.COM is calling for their removal from their positions immediately.CSH SOCIAL WORKERS
REFUSE TO ORDER A HOSPITAL WIDE
MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT OF PATIENTS
15) Sept 2017 - The worker bees at Coalinga State Hospital are the Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), or those who hold degrees in Masters of Social Work (MSW). These are the grunt workers at the hospital who have a lot of day to day interaction with a caseload of at least fifty patients. Social Workers run treatment groups and are also required to fill out emergency contact information, release of information forms, notify families when there are emergencies, respond to non emergency inquiries from families, invite patients to attend their treatment team meetings, and sign patients up for treatment groups. Over the past several years, the below listed Social Workers have been witness to the increasing extreme hopelessness, apathy, despair, anger, and decompensation of patients mental state of mind which CSHABUSE.COM has reported throughout this website. For example, it happens on a daily basis where Social Workers will personally experience a patient yelling at them directly, or the Social Worker will witness the patient yelling at another staff member statements such as: "Fuck your treatment, nobody ever gets out!" "I am going to fucken' die here, leave me the hell alone!" "I see people in treatment for 20 years, why should I try!" "I just want to fucken' die here!" "Why don't you all just kill me and get it over with!" Each of these Social Workers have heard statements like this hundreds of times and have done nothing. They have also been privy to dozens and dozens of complaints from patients that they are being bullied by other patients or being abused by staff, over and over and over and over, but the Social Workers do nothing meaningful to help - just closing their doors and ignoring the complaints. Each of these Social Workers if taken by investigators and interviewed individually would not be able to deny that Coalinga State Hospital management gave them no options and made them helpless to deal with these sorts of issues. These Social Workers are not bad people and CSHABUSE.COM does not imply in anyway that they are. But nonetheless they have failed their legal, moral, and professional responsibility to declare a mental health emergency to the Governor, or some outside agency and demand a hospital wide assessment of the patients current mental state. They must do so now! These Social Workers are as follows:
Erich Leslie, La Quanta Battle, Anne Federico, Jessica Jimenez, Joyce McIntosh, Jacquelyn Correa, Carmen Gutierrez, Lamonica Hall, Benny Lui, Randi Balderama, Roxanne Castillo,Troy Keath, Araceli Mora, Shanisha Augustine, Steven Baerg, Evalyn Beauchamp, Mary Bolin, Chasity Bradley, Giovanna Buitrago, Nancy Campos, Cynthia, Correa, Deborah Dunham, James Elliot, Luis Garcia, Holli Jackson, Louis Jackson, Latasha Jones, Sherrie Jones,Valerie Kelly, Cleide Klassen, Vanessa Lee, Carolina Lopez, Regina Mack, Richard Madero, Hope McNutt, Carmen Moreno, Laura Orozco, Clara Osagie-Amayo, Michael Polder, Adriel Reyes, Anthony Rispoli, Ayana Scott-Hernandez, Alan Sides, Doug Veit, Liliana, Jennifer Voss, Eugene Yamamoto, Anthony Yrigollen.
CSH BEHAVIOR SPECIALISTS
REFUSE TO ORDER A HOSPITAL WITH
MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT OF PATIENTS
14) Sept 2017 - The below listed individuals function as “Behavior “Specialists,” at Coalinga State Hospital. They work with patients in various treatment groups and activities. Each of them are personally aware of the hopeless mental state which is a theme for a significant number of patients throughout the facility. Each of them have personally failed in some capacity to exercise their professional, legal, and moral responsibility to speak out about the fact that there is a mental health crisis at Coalinga State Hospital, They have failed to speak out that the treatment programs are generally a failure. Furthermore, these Behavior Specialists have similarly failed to declare a hospital wide mental health emergency and demand a comprehensive hospital wide survey and assessment of the patients:
Charles Deflanders, Dan Duru, Leticia Gutierres, Melissa Heinrichs, C.W. Jones, Marlon Lorenzo, Grant, Marquardt, Lori McLeod, Fola Olukanni, Hart Taylor, Veronica Taylor, Abel Vera, Tahim Ashwinder, Star Ajamina, Miguel Arellano, Brenda Brooks, Luz Contreras, Keri DeAlba, Scott Everly, Jerry Fowler, Eliseo Garci, Lorraine Halonski, Michael Hernandez, Debra Johnson, Tom Kipnis, James Lopez, Grace Mendoza, Chariti Messer, Rebecca Miller, Chang Mouanoutoua Chang, Sidney Pichardo, Efrain Mozqueda, Sergio Segasta, Baltazar Villarreal.PATIENT DVR RECORDS A
CSH SUPERVISOR PROMOTING
A HUSTLER SEX STORE ON 6 O'CLOCK NEWS13) Sep 2017 - Brandon Price, Executive Director, Coalinga State Hospital, lashes out at CSHABUSE.COM along with hospital police Lieutenant, Kenneth Bell: On 8/21/17, a patient who works for CSHABUSE.COM used his DVR recorder to tape a Fresno, California TV30 news broadcast. During this news broadcast a hospital supervisor (who works with sex offenders) gave an interview standing outside a HUSTLER sex products store stating how great it was to have a HUSTLER (sex products) supply store locally. On 9/1/17, Brandon Price and Lieutenant Kenneth Bell learned that CSHABUSE.COM was going to make an issue of how inappropriate it was for a supervisor of sex offenders to be publicly supporting a retailer with a reputation for pornographic/deviant sex products. Brandon Price and Kenneth Bell immediately ordered five police officers with rubber gloves to raid this patient's room and confiscate both his DVR recorders, all of his portable hard drives, all thumb drives, all micro SD cards, Wiki readers, television, PSP, Mp3 players, and other items. The officers claimed they were looking for an "audio" recorder, but took items which could not possibly conceal an audio recorder. They also confiscated copies of audio recordings which are published on CSHABUSE.COM, were previously approved by Brandon Price himself for the patient to have in his possession, as well as the hospital attorney, Sara Gardner. The seizure of these recordings was illegal and all items taken must be returned to the patient immediately.CSH PSYCHOLOGISTS REFUSE
TO ORDER A HOSPITAL WIDE
MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT OF PATIENTS
12) Aug 2017 - The following is a list of clinical psychologists (current & former), who like Jennifer Berg, Psy.D, Chief of Psychology at Coalinga State Hospital, have knowledge that large numbers of patients have acquired a hopeless mental condition and believe they are destined to die at the hospital. These psychologists also have knowledge that these patients have given up on life and refuse treatment. They are also aware that many other patients have decided that they wish to retire/die at the hospital. All of the psychologists named in the following list are also aware that dozens of patients throughout the hospital have been refusing medical treatment because they perceive they will experience tortuous conditions during the transportation process (amounting to passive suicide in many cases where a serious illness is involved). All of these psychologists have refused to take meaningful action by demanding a comprehensive hospital wide survey to identify these patients. All of these psychologists have refused to demand that the Chief of Psychology declare a hospital wide mental health emergency. These psychologists also have knowledge of the conditions described throughout this website and most have REFUSED to speak with the Director of CSHABUSE.COM, or acknowledge the problems he has identified, apparently fearful of losing their jobs (fear of retaliation is a frequent theme that staff speak about when speaking in recordings CSHABUSE.COM has posted to this website, and when staff speak to this websites Director off the record). These psychologists are betraying fundamental standards of their profession, and perhaps their morality as human beings to remain silent and let these men continue suffering. They are as follows:
Sara S. Arad, Psy.D, Joseph R D Bacchus,Psy.D, Cory Fulton, Psy.D, Travis G Griffith, Psy.D, Jeffrey D. Hasson, Psy.D, Justin R Hazel, Psy.D, Elizabeth Inomaa-Bustillos, Psy.D, Janet L Kasdorf, Psy.D, Jerry A Kasdorf, Psy.D, Jorrie Mackenzie, Psy.D, Rebecca A Martin, Psy.D, Brandi M Mathews, Psy.D, Michael Montrief, Psy.D, Daniel Fuselier, Psy.D, Kevin Miller, Psy.D, Cindy Mitchell, Psy.D, Leticia Padilla Alvarez, Psy.D, Javier G Saldivar, Psy.D, Raffi Zakian, Psy.D, Tat K Cheung, Psy.D, David M Dinishak, Psy.D, Efrat Mazin, Psy.D, Etta Lea Osterman Perez, Psy.D, Willow M Saloum, Psy.D, Catherine L Sanchez, Psy.D, Jyana C Wechsler, Psy.D, Lindsay Cunningham, Psy.D, Virginia H Greer, Psy.D, Doriann Hughes, Psy.D, David T Mwangi, Psy.D, Scott Van de Putte, Psy.D, Alynna Pena, Psy.D, Valerie Posas, Psy.D, Christopher Stack, Psy.D, Lizette Barrientos, Psy.D, Anita Brashear, Psy.D, Jean Brown, Psy.D, Lindsey Ashbeck, Psy.D, James Crane, Psy.D, Brenda Elliott, Psy.D, Bret Follett, Psy.D, Emi Komaki, Psy.D, Sangil Kwon, Psy.D, Vanessa Leite, Psy.D, Laurel Olvera, Psy.D, Marguerite Saunders, Psy.D. Destarte, Good, Psy.D, Jordn Hopkins, Psy.D, Fereshte Mirzad, Psy.D Mavis Ring, Psy.D, Tawny Williams, Psy.D, David Dinishak, Ph.D
CSH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR NOTQUALIFIED. HASDEGREE FROM ONLINE COLLEGE1) Aug 2017 - Jennifer Berg, Psy.D, Chief of Psychology, Coalinga State Hospital:11) Aug 2017 - Brandon Price, Executive Director, Coalinga State Hospital:
CSHABUSE.COM was recently informed that Brandon Price has an insignificant
bachelors degree from an online college. Is it rational to give the responsibility of a $400 million mental health facility, with 1300+ mental health patients, to individuals who have not demonstrated extraordinary educational achievement, combined with extraordinary work experience? Although recently appointed by the Governor as the
CSH Executive Director, Brandon Price has actually been running CSH as the the
Hospital Administrator for the past 3-4 years as the #2 in charge under former Executive Director, Audrey King ( recently retired). He is equally responsible for the
atrocities CSHAUBUSE.COM is alleging against Robert Withrow, Jonathan
Hamrick, and Kiran Hundal. There are hundreds of emails, memos, and recordings
of meetings he has participated in with peer leadership groups during his tenure to
substantiate this. It is incomprehensible that Brandon Price has been elevated to the
position of Executive Director and CSHABUSE.COM is calling for his immediate
removal from the Department of State Hospitals. Brandon Price is the person
responsible for the majority of the current conditions described on this website. He is
the man who has refused for over 4 years to allow patients to say goodbye to their families on SKYPE before they die.
CSH HEALTH & SAFETY DIRECTOR
FAILS TO PROVIDE PATIENTS CONSISTENT
ACCESS TO A BATHROOM IN MALL AREA
10) Aug 2017 - Eric McDaniels, Health & Safety Officer, Coalinga State Hospital:
Mr. McDaniels has held this position for several years and has consistently acted in a
manner which has failed to protect patients from suffering. One recent example
involved the ONLY bathroom during certain hours in the central MALL area with a
jammed door which he refused to fix for nearly a month. Elderly patients were having
to pay other patients to rush them back to their units in wheelchairs 500-800 feet away. Some patients were having to urinate in the dirt on the main courtyard nearby. During his tenure, this is generally how Mr. McDaniels has conducted himself. CSHABUSE.COM calling for the immediate removal of Mr. McDaniels from the
Department of State Hospitals.
CSH DIRECTOR OF NURSING REFUSES
TO ENFORCE INTERNAL PAIN
9) Aug 2017 - Kiran Hundal, Nursing Administrator, Coalinga State Hospital: Ms. Hundal has allowed similar human suffering to occur in the area of nursing operations
which she has administered for at least 4 years. She has refused to require that nurses follow the hospitals own policies regarding pain management. She has allowed terminally ill patients in the acute care medical unit during her tenure to experience what can only be described as atrocities. CSHABUSE.COM is calling for her immediate removal from the Department of State Hospitals.
CSH MEDICAL DIRECTOR HAS
IGNORED YEARS OF COMPLAINTS
8) Aug 2017 - Robert Withrow, MD, Medical Director, Coalinga State Hospital:
Robert Withrow has been at the helm of CSH Executive management for at least 5 years.
The human suffering he is personally responsible for is so enormous we can't begin to describe it all of the details here. There is no single person more culpable than Dr. Withrow in terms of the men who have died and suffered from medical neglect than Dr. Withrow. Patients, and peer leadership groups have been pleading with Dr. Withrow for years about the transportation issues, pain management issues, pain medication, ADA, and staff abuse, and staff indifference to their medical needs. There are hundreds of internal emails, documents, memos, and recorded meetings with peer representative groups to prove that he and many others have known the facts and done nothing meaningful to fix any of these issues, which investigators will have to unravel. He has allowed terminally ill patients in the acute care medical unit during his tenure to experience what can only be described as atrocities. CSHABUSE.COM is calling for his immediate removal from the Department of State Hospitals.
DHHS AND OLES HAVE FAILED TO
CONDUCT ADEQUATE INVESTIGATIONS
OF ABUSE & CORRUPTION AT CSH
7) Aug 2017 - Richard Nadeau and James Dimmintt, Investigators, Office of Law
Enforcement Support, Department of Health and Human Services Agency:
In the past 2 years, both individuals have failed to vigorously investigate and interrogate
witnesses to substantiate widespread suffering and abuse at CSH.
CSH ASSISTANT MEDICAL DIRECTOR
LICENSE PREVIOUSLY REVOKED, STAYED, 5 YEARS
PROBATION FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, ETC.
6) Aug 2017 - Jonathan S. Hamrick, MD, Assistant Medical Director, Coalinga State Hospital: This individual has a $1 million civil judgement against him for a wrongful death prior to his employment at CSH several years ago. In connection with that incident, the California Medical Board revoked his license, then restored it several years later. Dr. Hamrick exhibits recently a deliberate indifference to the suffering of patients . He has refused to mandate a uniform policy for pain medication (such as Tylenol) during non-business hours, allowing certain doctors to make patients go several days without any pain medication whatsoever. He has refused to declare a medical emergency regarding the transportation issues and report the situation to the Governor, even though many patients have described feeling they were going to "DIE"; trapped inside the vans with the heat which they could not escape. He has refused to enforce Federal law regarding ADA powered assisted devices. He has allowed the entire hospital to almost completely ignore internal pain management policies and pain management planning, which has resulted in human suffering to the patient population to such an extraordinary degree it is incalculable.
PVSP WARDEN PROVIDES TORTUOUS
CONDITIONS FOR SEVERAL YEARS
5) Aug 2017 - Scott Frauenhiem, Warden, Pleasant Valley State Prison (Contract
administrator to provide transportation for civilly committed patients at Coalinga State
Hospital): For over 6 years has knowingly allowed his correctional officers to repeatedly transport CSH patients under conditions which they describe as tortuous, estimated to be HUNDREDS of occasions (no air conditioning for several hours in temperatures exceeding 90-115 degrees, lack of ventilation, restraints which cut off circulation, lack of nutrition, lack of seat belts, dog kennel type vans, inability to use the bathroom, lack of water, hostility directed toward patients, inoperable ADA vehicles, failure to clean and sanitize vehicles).
DRC EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR REFUSES TO
TO MAKE ON-SITE VISIT AND MEET WITH
4) Aug 2017 - Catherine Blakemore, Executive Director, Disability Rights California: Has refused to conduct a single meaningful on-site visit to CSH to meet with patients and peer leadership to validate the widespread mental health emergency and extraordinary abuse allegations. On 4/12/17 authored a letter to the Director of CSHABUSE.COM acknowledging allegations of grave conditions at CSH, including not allowing dying patients to say goodbye to their families via SKYPE before they die.
DRC PATIENTS RIGHTS' DIRECTOR
MEET WITH CSH PEER LEADERSHIP
3) Aug 2017 - Michelle Mudgett, Director, California Office of Patients' Rights:
For several years Ms. Mudgett has refused to conduct a single meaningful on-site visit to CSH to meet with patients and peer leadership to validate the widespread mental health emergency and extraordinary abuse allegations. On 2/28/17 Ms. Mudgett authored a letter to the Director of CSHABUSE.COM deferring on his repeated demands that she had a legal and moral responsibility to bring a delegation of experts to CSH to assess the patients.
DRC DIRECTOR OF INVESTIGATIONS
REFUSES TO MEET WITH CSH PEER
2) Aug 2017 - Leslie Morrison, Director of Investigations, Disability Rights California, Bay Area Regional Office: For several years has refused to conduct a single meaningful on-site visit to CSH to meet with patients and peer leadership to validate the widespread mental health emergency and extraordinary abuse allegations. Authored letter 9/16/15 stating their organization lacked sufficient funding. Authored letter dated 4/14/17 acknowledging the high death rate at CSH.
CHIEF CSH PSYCHOLOGIST REFUSES TO
ORDER HOSPITAL WIDE
MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT OF PATIENTS
Dr. Berg has failed to order a hospital wide survey to determine the number of patients who are so hopeless that they will ever be free again, they have essentially given up on
life and adopted a belief system that their destiny is to die at the hospital. Dr. Berg has failed to order a hospital wide survey to determine the number of patients who have made a seemingly reasoned/rational decision that they want to retire/die at CSH because they feel there is no life to look forward to in the community. Dr. Berg has
failed to exercise her authority to declare a hospital wide mental health emergency and call upon the resources of the Governor and patient rights organizations for assistance. Dr. Berg has failed to recognize that she has a legal and moral obligation to act immediately. CSHABUSE.COM conducted a random survey of 88 patients in 2013 and over 50% responded in the affirmative that they believed they were going to die at CSH. Documents from that survey were turned over to the Department of State Hospitals, Office of the Chief of Psychology at CSH, as well as the Executive Director, and copies are available via CSHABUSE.COM.